Know this. You’ve got the power to launch your own fun anywhere in Canada even when you have little or no money for creating a budget for entertainment activities. With all the culture, natural riches, and freedom that we are blessed with as Canadians, it’s easy to enjoy events and activities that come cheap or at no cost.
Also with a little imagination you can create spend-free good times for yourself and the family just about any time, anywhere. Here’s some advice to help inspire you.
Get online to discover interesting stuff in your area. Free or affordable festivals, celebrations, and special events are always on the go.
- A fun ally in the Internet. Through the Web, all of us have a portal to plenty of information about free and affordable entertainment in the cities, towns, and regions we inhabit. Get surfing to research and discover interesting stuff in your area. Free or affordable festivals, celebrations, and special events are always on the go. Look into what‘s up through local museums, galleries, libraries, zoos and natural science facilities, community centres, as well as cultural groups and historical societies.
The Internet itself offers all kinds of free or cheap options when creating your budget. Feature films, documentary films, TV shows, music videos and concerts, audio books, and more are readily available through various Web sites and Youtube.
- ‘Tis the season every season. Cultural happenings, musical events, food festivals, and other fun activities abound across Canada every season of the year. You can take part while spending little or nothing at all. Winter, spring, summer, and fall you’ll find attractions, exhibitions, art shows, sporting events – all kinds of things to see and do on the cheap. From concerts in the park, to movies under the moon; from fun local fairs, to rodeos in the round, there’s a lot to take in, including Canada’s wonderful wilderness attractions – lush forests, beautiful lake land, breathtaking mountains, sweeping prairies, stunning shores. Count your blessings.
Canada offers many splendid local and wilderness parks for hiking, biking, picnicking, camping – on and on. Creating a budget for entertainment should include outdoor activities. Its a great way to save when so many are free.
- Free sports and recreation. Check out your area for parks and recreation offerings that are free to experience. In and around cities and towns across our great land, there are splendid local and wilderness parks for hiking, biking, picnicking, camping – on and on. There are free or affordable facilities to play sports – from basketball, tennis, and swimming, to golf, football, ice-skating … the list goes on. Get out into the fresh air. Take advantage of Canada’s great outdoors – make use of local facilities – and leave your spending worries behind.
- Do-it-yourself hobbies. Stop for a moment to consider how easy it is to pursue hobbies offering endless enjoyment at low to no cost. Here you’re only limited by your imagination and desire. Cooking. Photography. Gardening. Painting. Digital arts. Birdwatching. Canoeing. Pottery. Woodcarving. Creative writing. Dress making. Dance. Music. So much more. And let’s not forget reading, which in addition to bringing hours of pleasure also helps grow your brain.
There’s a site you can visit offering for more than 150 hobby ideas. Would-be hobbyists should check out Pinterest, too.
Speaking of double benefits how about taking some joy from homemade beer and wine making or homemade crafts that also aid with affordable and more meaningful gift giving? All hobbyists should check out www.pinterest.com – a kind of personal organizer that allows you to share interests, tastes, and images with people around the world. Meanwhile, visit www.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Choose-a-Hobby for more than 150 hobby ideas.
- Be game for more games. Given the many hours of entertainment they can offer you and family and friends, video games with replay value can be a great buy. When creating your entertainment budget look at the return on your investment and how much enjoyment and time you will actually get out of the choices. Then there’s the old-fashioned board and living-room games that cost little or nothing at all. Monopoly anyone? How about a wild night of charades? Remember that for little ones especially, games as simple as playing catch the Frisbee are remarkable and joyous events.
Consider the fun of volunteer work in your community for a cause that touches your heart. Invite the family to participate.
- The fun of just being human. Consider volunteer work in your community for a cause that touches your heart. Invite the family to participate in what can be an interesting and a fun experience. Volunteer work offers a great way to meet new people, learn more about the world, and participate in challenges that lift the spirit. In fact, volunteer work is a terrific way to be generous without spending a nickel.
* Blog content provided through the support of platinum sponsors of Credit Education Week Canada’s Focus Magazine.